terça-feira, 13 de abril de 2010

Appendix I

TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE

1. A Few Inspiring Phrases from the Bible

Joy is Life
“Give not over thy mind to heaviness, and afflict not thyself in thine own counsel.
The gladness of the heart is the life of man, and the joyfulness of a man prolongeth his days.
Love thine own soul, and comfort thy heart, remove sorrow far from thee: for sorrow hath killed many, and there is no profit therein.
Envy and wrath shorten the life, and carefulness bringeth age before the time.
A cheerful and good heart will have a care of his meat and diet.” (Ecclesiasticus, 30: 21-25)


All Things are Good
Send forth flowers, as the lily, and yield a smell, and bring forth leaves in grace, and praise with canticles, and bless the Lord in his words. Magnify his name, and give glory to him with the voice of your lips, and with the canticles of your mouths, and with harps, and in praising him, you shall say in this manner: All the works of the Lord are exceeding good” (Ecclesiasticus 39: 19-21)

God wants you to be
... “like a tree planted by the streams of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever you do shall prosper.” (Psalms 1: 3)

My shield is with God,
“Who saves the upright in heart.” (Psalms 7:10)


Trust God
… “For he will give his angels charge of you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. Yo will tread on the lion and the adder, the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot. Because he cleaves to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation.” (Psalms 91: 11-16)

2. Inspiring phrases from other authors


The secret to improving memory is concentrating on positive memories and praise them permanently.” (Suriyavan Solar)

Change the paradigm of your questions. Instead of asking your relatives (friends and employees) the classic: How was your day today? Try asking: What was your best moment, today?” You will notice amazing improvement in your relationships”. (Ronald Fry, Appreciative Inquiry consultant).

“Look at every person you meet as if he/she were bringing a big secret to you”. (Dugpa Rimposhe)

Love is a great curing force.” (Dugpa Rimpoche)

“Dignity is not a matter of arriving. It is a way of traveling.” (Conclusion arrived at by a BAWB study group from Fortaleza, Brazil, in 2006)

“Oh, Lord, I do not pray for tasks equal to my powers: I pray for power equal to my tasks.” (Phillips Brooks – 1835-1893)

Give Christ to the world, don’t keep Him to yourself and in doing so, use your hands.” (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)

“The body must protect itself from the machine. The latter lurks dangerously. There where the body is body, it memorizes its corpority in what it does. And thus, in the past as today, it is still the body and not the machine that fills our heart with joy.” (Arcângelo Buzzi)

“Some an army of horsemen, some an army on foot
and some say a fleet of ships is the loveliest sight
on this dark earth; but I say it is whatever you desire” (Sappho)

“Whoever taught men to die would teach them to live.” (Montaigne)

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi)

“But if God is flowers and trees/And hills and sun and moon/Then I believe in him,/I believe in him at every moment,/And my life is all a prayer and a mass/And a communion by way of my eyes and ears.” (Fernando Pessoa in Poems of Alberto Caeiro)

“ God … is a God of love and consolation: he is a God who fills the soul and heart of those whom he possesses: he is a God who makes them inwardly aware of their wretchedness and his infinite mercy.” (Blaise Pascal, in Thoughts)

“We should not allow someone to leave our presence not feeling better and happier.” (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)

“… it was very painful to me to see lepers, but Care led me into their midst. When I left them, that which had seemed to me bitter had become sweet and easy.” (St. Francis of Assisi, in Testament)

“It is Care that links occupations and preoccupations to things and people. Being together is always the work of Care that takes pity on what is human, be it in me, you, or him.” (Arcângelo Buzzi)

“The value of things is not in how long they last, but in the intensity with which they occur. That's why unforgettable moments, inexplicable things and incomparable people exist, like you, sitting beside us, today.” (Adapted from a poem by Fernando Pessoa)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário